Super-cute wholemeal reindeer cookies for the silly season – so much fun to make for all ages.
For the biscuits
- 225 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 90 g coconut sugar
- 80 g coconut oil, cold
- 60 ml Pure Harvest Nom Mylk
For the toppings
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 50 g pretzels
- 32 edible googly eyes
- 16 red smarties
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or simply grease with a little oil. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius fan forced.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together together in a food processor. Add the cold coconut oil and pulse to form a breadcrumb like consistency.
(You can also do this step by hand, just rub the mixture together using fingers to disperse the coconut oil evenly throughout the flour mixture.)
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add the mylk. Bring to mixture together with your hands to form a dough. Be gentle and patient here, it will appear very crumbling to begin but it will come together to form a dough.
- Roll the dough out until about 1/2 cm thick and cut into round disks using a cooking cutter. Repeat with the scraps and make more cookies.
- Place onto the baking tray. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly on the baking tray, then turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with the chocolate, pretzels, eyes and smarties.
If you like this recipe and want more fab food inspiration then try these delicious overnight oats.
Find us on Instagram here and Facebook here