Sugar-Free Tiny Teddies
Our sugar-free tiny teddies don't contain any refined sugar. Not one bit. Nothing. Nudda. Zilch. We reckon they might be even yummier than the supermarket ones too, but we'll let you (or your kids) be the judge of that.
To make sugar-free tiny teddies:
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3 tbsp butter, unsalted
- juice of 1 orange
- zest of 1 orange
To make the tiny teddies:
- Pop dates, coconut, oats and almonds into a food processor. Whiz until crumby.
- Add the butter, orange juice and zest, and whiz again until it comes together as a dough.
- Pop in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C / 350˚F / Gas Mark 4.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lightly flour your bench, rolling pin and cookie cutter.
- Roll out the dough on the lightly floured bench until it’s a nice teddy thickness. Sprinkle a little extra flour if it gets sticky.
- Cut out teddies with your cutter and place on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.