Rainbow Tomato Tart
Makes a 25cm x 35cm tart.
• 1 sheet of puff pastry, cut to approx. 25cm x 35cm / 9.8″ x 13.8″
• 1 cup (240ml / 8.1 fl oz) basil pesto
• around 750g / 1lb 10oz rainbow tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas Mark 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the pastry so it is just smaller than your baking tray.
2. Bake the pastry in the oven for 10–15 minutes, or until the pastry has puffed. Rotate the baking tray and reduce the temperature to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Bake for a further 10–15 minutes or until the pastry is golden all over.
3. Remove the pastry from the oven and let it cool before spreading with a thin layer of pesto. Arrange the sliced tomatoes all over the tart.