Lemon + Coconut No-Bake Slice
Sometimes baking can be a bit of a bother, especially if the weather is hot. That's why we love this easy-peasy no-bake slice. Plus, it features one of the most under-appreciated flavour combos: lemon and coconut. It's about three chef kisses good, in our humble opinion.
To make lemon + coconut no-bake slice, you'll need:
For the base:
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 3/4 cup dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes, extra for topping
- 2 tbsp honey
- zest of 1 lemon, extra for topping
For the top layer:
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Line a small slice tin with baking paper.
- For the base, whiz all ingredients in a food processor until well combined.
- Press the base into the tin and set aside.
- For the top layer, in a saucepan, heat the coconut oil and honey on low until just melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk together, until well mixed.
- Pour this mix over the base and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight. (Or you can pop it in the freezer if you need it sooner!)
- Once set, remove from fridge and slice into bars.
Lemon + Coconut No-Bake Slice originally featured in Lunch Lady Magazine issue 5.