Blueberry, Cashew + Coconut Slice
This is a recipe that's as pretty (and purple) as it is delicious. Made with loads of good stuff like fresh blueberries, nuts and dates, this no-bake slice is seriously good. Perfect for morning tea, afternoon tea, lunchboxes or even dessert. Give it a whirl; we reckon you'll rate it.
To make blueberry, cashew + coconut slice, you'll need:
For the base:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/4 cup dates
- 5 tbsp melted coconut oil
For the white layer:
- 3 cups cashews, just covered in water and soaked for an hour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For the blueberry topping:
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cashews, just covered in water and soaked for an hour
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- For the base, put the walnuts into a food processor and whiz to a fine consistency.
- Add the dates and coconut oil, and whiz again until well combined.
- Press the base into the tin and pop it in the fridge.
- For the white layer, pour the cashews and water into a food processor with the rest of the white layer ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Take the tin out of the fridge and pour the white layer on top of the base. Put the tin in the freezer for an hour.
- For the purple layer, put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Take the tin out of the freezer and pour the purple layer on top of the white layer.
- Put the tin back into the freezer for about 2–3 hours, until set.
- Once set, remove from freezer and slice into bars.
Blueberry, Cashew + Coconut Slice originally featured in Lunch Lady Magazine Issue 5.