Easy Penne Pasta
Penne with Spinach Pesto and Baked Cherry Tomato
Easy peasy penne with spinach pesto and baked cherry tomatoes recipe. Fits a laid back Wednesday dinner vibe, or side with a salad and a nice Pinot for fancier weekend offering.
For the pesto
• 200g / 7oz spinach leaves
• 3/4 cup cashews
• 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
• 2 garlic cloves, diced
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• salt and pepper, to season
For the tomatoes
• 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
• olive oil
• salt and pepper, to taste
For the pasta
• 400g / 14oz penne
• 100g / 3.5oz goat’s cheese
• handful of parsley, chopped
1. For the pesto, blanch spinach for 1 minute. Squeeze out excess water.
2. In a food processor, whiz the cashews, garlic and parmesan until combined.
3. Add the spinach and whiz again while gradually pouring in olive oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. For the tomatoes, preheat oven to 240˚C / 475˚F Gas Mark 9.
6. Place tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until caramelised.
8. Cook penne until al dente (check cooking time on packet). Drain and return to pot.
9. Stir through pesto.
10. Serve penne with baked tomatoes, a crumble of goat’s cheese, fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
This recipe is part of our Dinner is Never Dull Series powered by the uncompromising Fat Bastard wines. Fat Bastard is all about big, bold, beautiful juice. They source fruit from the best regions all around the world and promise big taste + big flavour everytime. Penne Pasta wine pairing suggestion: Fat Bastard Pinot Noir :)