DIY Bird Feeder
Sometimes you just need a quick DIY project to keep kids entertained, and this is exactly that. This DIY bird feeder is simple and cheap to make, and will get kids outside watching the local birds. Win win.
To make your bird feeder, you'll need:
- Pine cone, open
- Butter knife
- Jar of peanut butter (no palm oil)
- Pie tin or shallow bowl
To make it:
- Pour birdseed into your pie tin or bowl and put aside.
- With your knife, spread the peanut butter two-thirds of the way up the pine cone. Make sure you get it in all the openings and make a nice thick layer for the birdseed to stick to. Leave a little bit of the pine cone sticking out the top—it looks nice.
- Roll the pine cone in the prepared birdseed. You can press some onto the pine cone with your hands to make sure you get a good coating.
- Tie the string to the top of the pine cone and ﬁnd a branch in the garden, or a spot on your verandah or balcony, to tie the feeder to. Make sure it’s nice and high so no other animals, or kids, can get to it.