apple cinnamon pancakes
Put a twist on your weekend pancake routine and try these apple cinnamon pancakes instead. They're packed full of good stuff like fibre, but they also taste yummo.
Apple cinnamon pancakes:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 large apples
- butter, for cooking
- honey and Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Stir together the buckwheat, plain flour, raw sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate jug, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs, and then stir into the dry ingredients until just combined—don’t worry about lumps.
- Grate one of the apples and fold through the batter. Slice the other apple into 1/2cm / 1/4″ rounds.
- Heat about 1 tsp of butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium–low heat, and place about 1/3 cup portions of batter into the pan.
- Cook until bubbles start to form on the top of the pancake and the edges look dry. Place one of the apple rounds onto the pancake, and flip over so the apple is on the bottom.
- Cook for a further 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the pancake is cooked through.
- Serve with honey and Greek yoghurt.