For the biscuits:
- 225 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 90 g coconut sugar
- 80 g coconut oil, cold
- 60 ml Pure Harvest Nom Mylk
For the toppings:
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 50 g pretzels
- 32 edible googly eyes
- 16 red smarties
What to do:
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or simply grease with a little oil. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius fan forced.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together together in a food processor. Add the cold coconut oil and pulse to form a breadcrumb like consistency.
(You can also do this step by hand, just rub the mixture together using fingers to disperse the coconut oil evenly throughout the flour mixture.)
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add the mylk. Bring to mixture together with your hands to form a dough. Be gentle and patient here, it will appear very crumbling to begin but it will come together to form a dough.
- Roll the dough out until about 1/2 cm thick and cut into round disks using a cooking cutter. Repeat with the scraps and make more cookies.
- Place onto the baking tray. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly on the baking tray, then turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with the chocolate, pretzels, eyes and smarties.
If you like this recipe and want more fab food inspiration then try these delicious overnight oats or Veg + Bacon savoury muffins or why not shop the mag for tasty food, easy craft ideas, no so serious parenting talk and more.
Find us on Instagram here and Facebook here