Great for gluten free and grain free, the new school cauliflower pizza base is all the go.
Cauliflower pizza base – ingredients:
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 190˚C / 425˚F / Gas Mark 5.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower, cut off the florets and pulse in a food processor for about 30 seconds, until it looks like snow.
- Place on lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Put an empty baking tray or pizza stone in the oven.
- Once cauliflower has cooled, wrap in cheesecloth, or a clean tea towel, and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Pop cauliflower into a bowl, add cheeses, salt, dried oregano and egg, and mix well with your hands. If the mixture is a little wet, add a little almond meal.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on top of a cutting board, pop the dough on top and form into your pizza base. Pat down firmly—you want it formed tightly together.
- Take cutting board and pizza to the oven and slide pizza onto your baking tray or hot pizza stone. Bake for 10 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Add toppings and return to the oven for another 5–7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and toppings are cooked.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
This is perfect with our homemade traditional pizza sauce recipe, you could also check out our frozen pizza challenge !
Looking for more dinner inspiration? Head to our shop and get your hands on some back copies.