Shoutout: We’re proudly partnering with Little Lunch Box Co to bring you this awesome lunchbox series. We’ve got you covered for picnics, office snacks, school lunches + road trips. Check out the Little Lunchbox Co range here.
Number 3 – School Lunchbox
Caprese sandwich (recipe below)
CAPRESE SANDWICH (Serves 4)
• 1–2 large ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
• drizzle of olive oil
• drizzle of balsamic vinegar
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 baguette or 4 bread rolls
• 100g / 3.5oz pesto*
• 200g / 7.05oz baby mozzarella, torn
• a few fresh basil leaves
What to do:
1. Slice the tomatoes. Drizzle them with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
2. Slice the baguette or bread rolls in half.
3. Spread one side of the bread with the pesto, and then layer on the mozzarella.
4. Layer on the marinated tomatoes and the fresh basil leaves before popping on the sandwich’s lid.
Recipe from issue 13 of Lunch Lady magazine. Recipe creator Sweetpeadarlingheart
Number 3 – Office Lunchbox
Dark choc treat
VEGGIE NOODLE SALAD (Serves 4)
• 200g / 7oz udon noodles
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/4 head of red cabbage, finely sliced
• 2 carrots, finely sliced
• 2 Lebanese cucumbers, finely sliced
• 1 cup snow peas, sliced
• 1 cup bean shoots
• handful of mint leaves
• handful of coriander leaves
• 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
• handful of toasted cashews, optional
• handful of fried shallows, optional
• sliced red chilli, optional
For the dressing:
• 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
• 3 tbsp mirin
• 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
• 1 tbsp tahini
• 3 tsp rice wine vinegar
• 2 tsp maple syrup
• a few drops of sesame oil
What to do:
1. To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine. Set aside.
2. To make the salad, cook the udon noodles until they are al dente, according to the packet instructions.
3. Once the noodles are cooked, drain and rinse them thoroughly in cold water to stop them from cooking any further.
4. Once the noodles are cool, drain them well again and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to stop them sticking.
5. In a large salad bowl, toss the cool noodles with the dressing. Add the sliced veggies and herbs and
6. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Recipe from issue 16 of Lunch Lady magazine. Recipe creator Sweetpeadarlingheart
Love these lunchbox ideas? Find more here
For more great content follow us on Instagram HERE and Facebook HERE
Images Jacinta Moore