24 November 2014
Sorry it is a day late, this time of year is a little INSANE! But better late than never. Especially when it involves Jam Drops! Thank you Mama Mariani. x
OK, so you know how I said those blue ribbons are addictive? Well I did enter a few categories in their pursuit. And one that I was triumphant in was the … Jam Drop!
To be honest, I had never really made them before, I was just keen to give them a go. The ones I made for the show really were perfect, I was so pleased with them. I have made them a few times since with varying results. I have learnt that the oven can be too hot, or the mix to airy. Always learning.
What You Need
- 120g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 190g self raising flour
- Raspberry jam (home made if you can)
What You Need to Do
- Preheat oven to 170˚C.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale.
- Add the egg and beat in well.
- Fold through flour.
- Roll or small balls of mixture, using a little plain flour on your hands I’d the mix is too sticky. Place onto a lined baking tray and press down slightly.
- Dip your finger in flour and make an indentation in the center of the biscuit.
- Fill the dent with 1 tsp of raspberry jam
- Bake for 12 to 15 mins
- Enjoy. x
Ps. My raspberry jam is a winner too, next week I will share my secrets to jammy goodness.