Gourmet Girlfriend’s Same Old Crap – Spinach Slice
6 March 2014
Here is another one of those super clever women I am lucky enough to know. As well as being a clever clogs (go check out her classes!) in the kitchen, Ruth like Michelle, has impeccable taste in music, a gorgeous home and amazing kids. She has also been another one great supporter of mine, I feel like I write that every post, but it is bloody true! All these amazing women and I get to know them, pretty rad hey? Thanks Ruth, legend. Go and check out her blog for more amazing recipes, you’ll drool your brains out.
Gourmet Girlfriend’s Spinach Slice
I was thrilled when Kate aske me to join in this series- how RAD is the idea?! Anything to help out us frazzled lunchbox packers! Although I have a confession- I actually get great pleasure packing the lunchboxes. It makes me happy packing good food for my fellas each day, knowing they will have some good sustenance to get them through the day. And I am lucky as they like to eat good things and stick up for good food when the other kids say the things they can say- the not so good stuff.
I have one child in particular out of my crew of lads that really does NOT like sandwiches. Like not AT ALL! If I packed a sandwich his lunchbox it would come back at the end of the day still there. So I am often packing leftover roast veg salads, tuna & bean salads, coleslaw- you know that kind of thing! I totally get it cause I feel the same about sandwiches really. They just don’t do it for me…..
This spinach slice is a real fave of his – and the others like it too. SOOOOO easy and really really yum! It is equally yummy straight out of the oven or cold the next day for lunch!
What you will need:
- 4 eggs
- 2 rashers bacon chopped roughly (you can omit this if you want a vego version)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup of grated cheese- I often add a bit of crumbled fetta too for a bit of tang.
- 1/2 cup SR Flour
- 250 pack defrosted frozen spinach (squeeze a little of the fluid out so it doesn’t go too soggy!)
- a little chilli (optional but we like the bite it gives)
What you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil and line with baking paper.
- Pour ingredients into the dish and bake at 180C for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.