The Easiest Brownies on the Planet
15 April 2014
An unreal lunchlady reader emailed me a recipe for zucchini brownies after I posted the chocolate zucchini cake a while ago. I was pretty excited to make them, but then my email had a meltdown and I lost my entire inbox (yay and sad all at once). It was a bummer I never got to make Jane’s brownies, I did the next best thing and googled them.
This has quite possibly become the easiest recipe to exist in my lunchbox baking repertoire. It is a perfect thing to stock your freezer with for the upcoming second term of school. I have gone to town and have piled 4 of these bad boys (approx 68 single serves of brownie) in to my deep freeze.
I am still currently drowning in zucchinis. So this is another good way to get rid of the pile of newly discovered, now hugely overgrown zucchinis that have made their way on the the kitchen dresser, freezer, bench and dining room table.
I have to say thanks to Jane and to Dinner Mom for introducing me to a whole new world of brownies. And a whole new world of easy lunch treats for the girls.
Let’s not waste any time with back stories or what we did today, let’s just get straight to it.
What You Need
- 1/2 cup canola oil (I used sunflower)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (I used a little less)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- A couple of handfuls of dark chic chips
What You Need to Do
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Combine oil, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until well-combined and crumbly.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add sugar mixture to the flour mixture.
- Grate the zucchini.
- Stir the grated zucchini and chic chips into the batter until all mixed in. Batter should be moist and thick. (VERY THICK!)
- Scrape batter into an 8 x 11 baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the brownie is fairly firm and begins to pull from the sides of the pan.
- Allow brownies to cool.
How bloody easy is that!