HOW TO MAKE COLOURED PASTA
Pasta is great, coloured pasta is even better! Try our all natural recipes on how to create your own coloured pasta at home.
• 1/2 cup veggie puree (spinach, beetroot, carrot, etc.)
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 2 1/2 cups plain flour
• pinch of sea salt
1. Pop eggs, veggie puree and salt into a food processor and whiz until combined.
2. Follow steps 2–10 of Pasta From Scratch recipe.
• 2 medium carrots (you could also use pumpkin)
1. Pop carrots in a medium saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender–about 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Whiz carrots in a food processor until smooth, and set aside.
• 1 large beetroot
1. Rinse beetroot in cold water, remove greens, and peel with a veggie peeler.
2. Chop into small chunks.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil, reduce heat, and cook beetroot until tender–about 10–15 minutes.
4. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
5. Whiz beetroot in a food processor until smooth, and set aside.
LEAFY GREEN PUREE
• 2 handfuls of leafy greens (basil, spinach, rocket, kale, etc.)
1. Remove stems and soak in cold water for 2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly under cool water and pat dry.
2. Steam leaves until tender–about 5 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse with cool water.
4. Squeeze as much water as you can from the leaves.
5. Whiz leaves in a food processor until smooth, and set aside.
Ready to eat? Check out our super easy pasta recipes!