Inspired by the Girl Guides, this ingenious muffin trick works a treat in any campfire.
Shoutout: We’re proudly partnering with Blundstone to bring you this delicious choc orange muffin recipe.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 mugs self-raising flour
- 1/2 mug brown sugar
- 1/2 mug dark choc chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 whole oranges
What to do:
- Cut a slice off each orange, about a third of the way from the top.
- Using a paring knife or a spoon, scoop out the orange flesh, being careful not to pierce the skin. Set aside scooped-out oranges and pop the orange flesh in a bowl.
- To make the muffin mix, stir together flour, brown sugar and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- In a camping mug, mix together oil and egg, and then add to dry mix.
- Squeeze the flesh of the oranges over the mixture so that the juice is added to the batter—about half a cup. Eat the pulp.
- With a wooden spoon, gently fold the batter until just combined.
- Scoop batter into each of the oranges until they’re about three-quarters full. Place orange lid on top, and then wrap in foil.
- Place in the coals of the campfire, around the edges, and cook for about 15 minutes. Turn occasionally to ensure the batter cooks evenly.
- Unwrap foil and serve with a spoon.
We love Blundstone for its brand values that have stood the test of time, family, customer, community and integrity. Did you know Blundstone has been around for 150 years.
For more great content follow us on Instagram HERE and Facebook HERE