DIY pom pom flowers are rad, all you need is yarn/wool, a fork, pipe-cleaners & scissors. Follow our simple DIY instructions and you’ll have an everlasting bunch in no time.
DIY pom pom flower steps:
- Place a pipe-cleaner along one side of the fork.
- Wrap the yarn around the fork and pipe-cleaner – this will form the pom pom flower.
- Continue to wrap yarn the length of the top part of the fork until you have covered it entirely several times (25-30 wraps).
- Twist the pipe-cleaner around the yarn.
- Take some green yarn and knot around the base of the flower.
- Remove the wrapped yarn from the fork and cut the looped ends of the flower yarn.
- Cut a piece of green yarn and wrap around where the pipe-cleaner is folded so it becomes the ‘stem’. Knot and add some glue to hold in place, if required.
- Trim and fray the end of the yarn to give a full look
- Repeat the process to make an everlasting bunch ; )
Love simple craft? Us too. Hit up our shop so you can grab an issue of Lunch Lady which is full of simple craft, easy recipes and inspiring reads.